Wednesday, April 19, 2023

YOUR DOCTOR ASKING FOR YOUR PRONOUNS ISN'T JUST ANNOYING---IT'S A SIGN OF THE INDUSTRY'S DECLINE

It’s tempting to shrug off the annoying pronoun questions from your doctor because they’re not hurting you. That’s where you’d be wrong.

ELLE PURNELL
VISIT ON TWITTER@_ETREYNOLDSSHARE

Last summer, I went to establish care at a new doctor’s office. My beloved pediatrician, one of the few true family doctors left in the industry, had once kindly offered to keep seeing me until I have my own children, but I was in the midst of a post-college move, and that was no longer feasible. So I found myself in a waiting room wading through the moat of new-patient forms that stand between patients and doctors all across America.

As many of those forms now do, this one wanted to know not only my sexual orientation and sex, but also the so-called gender I was “assigned at birth,” whether I identified as transgender, and my preferred pronouns.  READ MORE AT Your Doctor Asking For Your Pronouns Is A Sign Of Medical Decline (thefederalist.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

BASEBALL--SECTION 1 TOURNAMENT UPDATE--TIGERS BASEBALL EARNS THE 3 SEED AND WILL HOST THE WINNER OF THE DOBBS FERRY/BLIND BROOK ON 5/20 AT CHHS

Welcome to The New Everything Croton, a collection of all things Croton--our history, our homes, our issues, our businesses, our schools, ou...