Tuesday, June 20, 2023

STARBUCKS LEARNS -- MUST PAY FORMER REGIONAL MANAGER SHANNON PHILLIPS $25.6 MILLION

by Christopher Tremoglie, Commentary Writer--June 20, 2023 06:21 AM

A few years ago, after one of my classes at the University of Pennsylvania, I walked over to Body Cycle Studio on Chestnut Street in Philadelphia. I arrived before the studio opened and figured I’d kill time at the nearby Starbucks.

While there, I asked to use the restroom but was told by an employee that lavatories were for customers only and that I couldn’t stay in the store if I did not buy anything. I left the coffee shop and waited outside the cycling studio until it opened.

This happened shortly before the infamous incident at Starbucks in Philadelphia in which two black men, Rashon Nelson and Donte Robinson, were asked to leave for the same reason I was and were arrested when they refused. When it was requested that Nelson and Robinson stop loitering, it was because of racism; when I was asked to leave, it was because of Starbucks’s policy. Their incident caused national outrage, whereas I couldn’t pay anyone in the media to report about mine. It was yet another example of the toxic double standard on race that exists in the country.

Starbucks learned this the hard way. Now, the coffee company has 25.6 million reasons not to succumb to anti-white discrimination or the whims of the radical left-wing sociocultural mob in the future. Shannon Phillips, the former regional manager in charge of the location where the men were arrested, was awarded.......MORE AT Starbucks learns that anti-white discrimination doesn’t pay | Washington Examiner

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGENDA, PLANNING BD. MEETING 5/21, ADU, INDIAN BROOK CROTON GORGE OVERLAY, RENEWAL, SMOKE TOWN, MAPLE STREET, ETC.

Welcome to The New Everything Croton, a collection of all things Croton--our history, our homes, our issues, our businesses, our schools, ou...