Friday, April 5, 2024

JK ROWLING VICTORY OVER HUMZA YOUSAF'S HATE CRIME LAWS IS A VICTORY FOR ALL WOMEN

Suzanne Moore--JK ROWLING VICTORY OVER HUMZA YOUSAF'S HATE CRIME LAWS IS A VICTORY FOR ALL WOMEN

I was sitting in JK Rowling’s study, eating the biscuits her husband Neil brought us when she told me about realising that she had to publicly fight for women’s rights. This was at the end of 2022.

Three years earlier, she had become involved in the “gender wars” by tweeting her support of Maya Forstater who was being forced out of a job for gender critical views. This was a landmark case because it established that gender critical beliefs are protected under the Equality Act of 2010.

Rowling felt we were going through the most misogynistic era ever and had decided to speak up. This cannot have been easy. She told me, “It’s going to have to be me, isn’t it? Because I will always be able to feed my kids, even if everyone boycotts my books for the rest of my life. That is a phenomenally privileged position to be in. I consider myself one of the most fortunate people on Earth.” READ MORE AT JK Rowling victory over Humza Yousaf’s hate crime laws is a victory for all women (msn.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGENDA, PLANNING BD. MEETING 5/21, ADU, INDIAN BROOK CROTON GORGE OVERLAY, RENEWAL, SMOKE TOWN, MAPLE STREET, ETC.

Welcome to The New Everything Croton, a collection of all things Croton--our history, our homes, our issues, our businesses, our schools, ou...