Monday, May 1, 2023

EDUCATION--MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENT ALLEGEDLY SENT HOME FOR REFUSING TO CHANGE SHIRT THAT SAID THERE ARE ONLY TWO GENDERS

Middle school student allegedly sent home for refusing to change shirt that said 'there are  only two genders'--Story by Ashley Carnahan • Yesterday 7:00 PM

A12-year-old student was allegedly sent home from school after he refused to change his T-shirt that said, "There are only two genders."

Liam Morrison, a 7th grader at Nichols Middle School in Middleborough, Mass., said he was taken out of gym class on March 21 and met with school staff who told him people were complaining about the statement on his shirt and that it made them feel "unsafe."

"Yes, words on a shirt made people feel unsafe. They told me that I wasn't in trouble, but it sure felt like I was. I was told that I would need to remove my shirt before I could return to class. When I nicely told them that I didn't want to do that, they called my father," he explained during a Middleborough School Committee meeting on April 13.

"Thankfully, my dad, supportive of my decisions, came to pick me up. What did my shirt say? Five simple words: There are only two genders. Nothing harmful. Nothing threatening. Just a statement, I believe to be a fact."  READ MORE AT Middle school student allegedly sent home for refusing to change shirt that said 'there are only two genders' (msn.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

CJL REGISTRATION AT TEMPLE ISRAEL OF NORTHERN WESTCHESTER--EARLY BIRD PRICING THROUGH JULY 8TH

Welcome to The New Everything Croton, a collection of all things Croton--our history, our homes, our issues, our businesses, our schools, ou...